Next stop: India.
January is often a time when people make food resolutions, vowing to cut something out completely or maybe just for a few weeks. I’ve fallen into that trap, and decided to do the 28 Day Reset popularized by Blogilates where you cut out dairy, gluten, processed foods, added sugar, and alcohol. That being said, I wasn’t sure I’d be able to find compliant recipes for this blog. Enter Whole 30 Butter Chicken.
I came across this recipe and it looked absolutely amazing. Given it was a Whole30 recipe, the suggestion was to serve with cauliflower rice but I’ll need an entirely separate post to describe to you just how much I despise cauliflower rice….
Luckily, rice is gluten free so I am in the clear! If none of this matters to you, serving with naan would be ideal.
- 1/2 C diced onion
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbls Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbls Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinammon
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs boneless; skinless cubed
- 1 Can Coconut Milk, full fat
- 14.5 oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbls Ghee
- 2 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbls Fresh Ginger grated
- 1 Tbls Corn Starch
- 2 Tbls Fresh Cilantro chopped
- We added onions to the recipe for more flavor/texture, cooking them using the sauté function on the Instant Pot until translucent
- To deepen the flavors, we tossed the spices in the pot after the onions were cooked, and toasted until fragrant
- We loved this dish and it has already become part of our regular dinner rotation